If you have any requests concerning your personal data or any queries with regard to our processing please contact the research centre at [email protected] When using the Site your personal data will be collected and retained in accordance with this policy.
RAND Europe is a not-for-profit research organisation that helps to improve policy and decision making through research and analysis. More information on RAND Europe, RAND’s projects and researchers can be found on our website http://www.rand.org/randeurope/.
KCMHR, King’s College London, is the leading civilian UK centre of excellence for military health research. Independent of the Ministry of Defence and chain of command, KCMHR’s research has provided much-needed evidence on the health and well-being of serving and ex-serving personnel and their families. For more information see https://kcmhr.org/about/
What data are we collecting, how and why?
• Enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
• Ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• Analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the Site;
• To notify you about changes to our service.
What is the legal basis for data processing activities?
We are holding this data in in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 or GDPR as applicable.
RAND Europe has been funded by the Forces in Mind Trust to operate this Site and is the data controller. The legal basis for RAND Europe to process your personal data is legitimate interests as detailed in Article 6(1)(f) of the UK GDPR. RAND Europe will process only what is required to meet this legal basis and will ensure security and safeguards are in place to protect the information. The legal basis for processing your special category data is explicit consent, as detailed in Article 9(2)(a) of the UK GDPR.
The data collected is not excessive and will be used for the basic purposes of operating the Site and providing the relevant services to you. It is necessary for the purpose of providing services to you. As such RAND Europe’s approach to processing balances our legitimate interests against your interests, rights, and freedoms.
What will happen to the data that is collected data, and how will it be processed and stored?
• The data will be securely stored digitally. Access to the data is controlled on a ‘need to know’ basis and only available to the Site operators.
• All data provided will be processed in accordance with standards of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (as applicable).
• You may contact us to request the deletion of your personal data through unsubscribing from the newsletter if you have subscribed.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
• To facilitate our Service;
• To provide the Service on our behalf;
• To perform Service-related services; or
• To assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information (personal data). The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
What are your data rights?
RAND Europe operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR. You are provided with certain rights that you may have the right to exercise through us. In summary those rights are:
• To access, correct or erase your data.
• To object to the processing of your data.
• To request that our processing or your data is restricted, or to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact the RAND Europe Data Protection Officer by email at [email protected] or in writing to Data Protection Officer, RAND Europe, Westbrook Centre, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1YG, UK referring to “FiMT Research Centre website”.
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK if you have any concerns about the processing of your data by RAND Europe.